Thursday, September 4, 2014

Mango Cake


LOVE LOVE MANGO!! so a couple years ago we planted a mango tree. First year we had two mangos, second year we had four mangos and this year we had like sixteen mangos!!  AWESOME! and they are colossal! 

So i wanted to make a tropical mango cake and I looked at several recipes but instead made up my own version with ingredients I had on hand. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to run to the store.

I started with a white cake mix and went from there.....and yes i like a lot of glaze, I don't like any of the cake unglazed. :)





Nothing like just going into the back yard for these beauties!

I love to use my bundt pan! however you could use a 9x13 or even a loaf pan, whatever floats your boat.



RECIPE:
Batter
1 white cake mix
1 stick butter, melted
4 eggs
1 cup mango puree, (instead of called for water)

preheat oven to 350 and spray your bundt pan with pam, I add some flour in the pan as well to make sure it does not stick.

Mix batter ingredients and pour into prepared pan, bake till done, approx 30-45 min but don't over bake. let set for about 15 min then invert onto serving plate.

mango glaze
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup mango puree
about 2 tlbs. milk

Note: mango puree is made by simply processing mangos in the Vita-Mix or food processor, just mangos, nothing more.

combine glaze ingredients and pour over cake while cake is still warm.

We ate it with some cool whip and additional mangos...DELICIOUS !!


I think it would be good to try this recipe with other fruit as well...I'm thinking peach....strawberry....pineapple....let your mind go crazy and get creative! 

Enjoy!
Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment